Tis the season for pumpkin-flavored everything to hit the food market once again. Starbucks has lattes, Dunkin’ has donuts, General Mills has Cheerios and we have pumpkin pancakes. They’ve been a staple at the Garver House since we opened our doors to guests from across the globe.
Pumpkin pancakes are a great way to start your day during the fall. Every bite explodes with the flavors of the autumnal months—for a warm and comforting flavor that just feels right. As much as we love making this delectable breakfast for our guests, it would be selfish to keep the recipe all to ourselves. So here you go. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
Mix all dry ingredients together
In a separate bowl:
- Beat two eggs add 1/2 cup of sugar and mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup pumpkin and mix well
- Add 6 Tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 cup milk and mix well.
Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix until combined.
Optional: may add raisins and/or chopped pecans.
Ladle batter on to hot well-oiled griddle and cook until golden on each side. Serve with real maple syrup.