- When looking for great products, reasonable prices, friendly and helpful staff, you do not need to go any further than Walnut Creek Foods. Walnut Creek Foods is located at 2641 State Route #39 in Walnut Creek. Visiting Walnut Creek Foods is an adventure in its self! Walnut Creek Foods is divided up into 4 different sections within the store; The Cannery, Butter Churn Kitchen, Mudd Valley Cafe & Creamery and the Main Store itself which includes the bakery, deli, produce, butcher shop, bulk food section, cheese and a grocery section. The staff is warm and friendly and the store is nicely organized and always clean. There are public rest rooms! President Mark Coblentz states that customers come back to Walnut Creek Foods for these reasons:
- They trust us.
- They know we deliver value
- We’re blessed with 220 associates who have who have the customer’s best interests at heart.
- We treat others like we want to be treated.
- Visiting our store is just plain fun!
The Cannery features Walnut Creek made jams, jellies, butters, relishes, mustard’s and barbecue sauces. The Cannery has a fantastic sampling area where you can try before you buy. Near the sampling area is a viewing window where you can witness the canning in progress. The Cannery also stocks the largest assortment of Amish/Mennonite cookbooks in the area along with the popular Gooseberry Patch cookbooks. Teas, coffee and chocolates are also available in The Cannery.
The Butter Churn Kitchen Shop is my favorite section of Walnut Creek Foods. Highlighting endless kitchen and dining supplies from the practical to decorative. If you cannot find what your looking for in kitchen gadgets, you probably don’t need it! One of the highlights of the Butter Churn Kitchen section is their classes. The second floor houses a cooking class area were they have hands-on and demonstration classes. The classes are free! I have personally taken some of their classes and they are wonderful. Not only are the classes free but you take your creation home with you. Classes such as: bread baking, custard tarts, pressure cooking, flaky biscuits, pie making, cooking with herbs and homemade pasta just to name a few. You can view the class schedule on their web-site http://www.walnutcreekcheese.com/ Schedules are normally 3 months at a time. Have fun and tell them The Garver House sent you!
Before you start shopping the main section of the store you may want to hit the clean rest rooms located in the middle of the store. Now on to the Mudd Valley Creamery and Cafe for a bit of lunch and, of course, ice cream for dessert! Take a look at their menu on their web-site (listed above). The Cafe has salads, sandwiches, burgers and wraps and a mouth watering ice cream menu. On the second floor, the stairs are near the bakery, (there is also an elevator to the second floor) and there is seating for 200. Sit down and relax, enjoy lunch and start your list for when you go back downstairs and start shopping.
The Main Section of Walnut Creek foods has most everything you will need to cook up a great meal with all the recipes that are featured on their web-site! The bakery items are made fresh daily and include pies, cookie, muffins, breads of various types and their best seller, Hand Pies, which are small individual pies you can hold in your hand because the crust surrounds it and the filling is in the middle. Bring home a variety of your favorite flavors! Off to the produce section we go where local farmers produce is featured. At the butcher shop the meat is raised locally and is always fresh and cut to order. The butcher shop also specializes in smoked meats. The bulk food section is one of my favorite. Walnut Creek Foods carries a large selection of candy, snacks, spices, baking ingredients, flours, granola, and mixes. You have to see it to believe it! If you are needing a certain amount of something just ask and they will measure out and bag it for you. Toward the back of the grocery section is the test kitchen. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday new dishes and desserts are made and available to sample. If you like it the recipe, it is available on the web-site. On Walnut Creek’s web-site there is also a ton of information including recipes, directions, store hours, weekly ads with coupons.
All I can say is stop by and experience this awesome store for yourself, you won’t be sorry you did. Happy shopping.